Tuesday, October 17, 2006

bullet

I have been pondering on a new bike for a while. The ability to use a commuter bike for normal riding and a nicer bike for longer and faster rides has attracted my attention for roughly two years.

So finally I pulled the trigger and got myself a second hand Cannondale. There is a couple of things I need to install before a real ride so more to come.

The interesting thing about this ordeal is the emotional aspect of it. I have been debating back and forth with myself with a little help with some friends. The moment I close the deal I felt dreadful, as if I have made the biggest mistake in the world. My wife was mildly supportive (that fact she did not veto is a good sign). My kids were a bit excited and wanted to go out with me on the new bike. Now I feel OK but there is no urgency to ride it - possibly saving it for next year.

Anyways I will put the stuff on and give it a spin when I have a weekend opening.

No comments:

 
Listed on BlogShares