Thursday, September 06, 2007

it might be obvious for others

This is definitely not obvious for me.

I did some performance tuning for our web app and cached some pages a while back. I did this:

<%@ OutputCache Location="Any" Duration="3600" VaryByParam="none"%>

I was going through the IIS logs as see that the page in question is still being requested a lot. Changing it to

<%@ OutputCache Location="Any" Duration="3600" VaryByParam="None"%>

does the trick. It seems implicit and I have definitely seen other people using the lower case version. But the attribute is CASE-SENSITIVE!!!

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Erm, you might want to escape the <tags> on your post to make the code examples readable without using "view source," Mark!

The syntax for escaping the less-than and greater-than symbols is &lt; and &gt;

 
Listed on BlogShares