At the end of spring break, we were driving back from Sun Peaks. We stopped for lunch and I mentioned to my wife, "look, cherry blossoms". She said "it's been blooming for well over a week".
That same night a friend sent me a email saying how happy she was about the cherry blossoms. I replied back saying I only saw it today.
So the following workday I made the effort to count how many cherry trees I can find along the way. Turns out:
- there are less than 5 along South-west Marine between 41st and 16th.
- probably a couple more between 16th and North-west Marine.
- there are roughly 10 along North-west marine, close to where the houses are.
- probably around 5 along 4th from NW Marine to Alma.
- around 5 along Burrard between the Bridge and Hastings.
So far so good. Can't say I missed much.
But there are A LOT of cherry trees along Cornwall. So many that I don't know how I missed it. Lame excuses includes:
- there are a lot of cracks and potholes
- i am concentrating on my speed and heart rate.
- I like to look at cars than flowers.
- my neck hurts, can't look up.
Anyways I justed realized what I was missing. :-(